Members of the media, including reporters, editors, producers, photographers and videographers, may apply to register for complimentary press registration to cover the FAA UAS Symposium.
To maintain quality news coverage at FAA UAS Symposium, applicants for press registration must meet the following criteria and present acceptable identification to be considered for a badge that provides press access.
Press badges are for working members of editorial staffs at news organizations that will report on the FAA UAS Symposium. If the applicant for press registration is working freelance, or will report for a non-profit, educational or corporate news publication, they must provide a letter of assignment from the organization they are representing.
Proof of Eligibility
Applicants for press registration must provide their name, title, the name of the news organization they are representing, mailing address, email address and phone number when applying online in advance of the event. If registering on-site, they must present current media credentials issued by a local, state or federal government, or a business card listing the information described above. Letters of assignment must also be presented on-site for media representatives that require them for registration.
Interns and student practitioners accompanying credentialed media must show documentation proving college credit is being received for the internship or other proof of employment, along with government-issued photo ID.
Bloggers and writers for online news sites must provide one of the following:
- Printed copy of a published industry-related article or internet link to it that was published during the past three months with the name of the blogger/writer in the byline.
- Printed copy of a publication masthead or an internet link to it that lists the writer/blogger as an editorial contributor.
Additionally, bloggers and writers must represent the following types of online media outlets:
- A website with a paid reporting staff that posts original news items about the unmanned systems industry at least weekly and has more than 1,000 unique visits a month.
- A blog that reflects current unmanned systems industry-related news that posts original content at least weekly and has more than 500 unique visits a month.
Advertising, public relations, marketing and sales representatives, and other non-editorial media staff will not be granted press badges and must register through attendee registration and pay appropriate fees. Also, non-credentialed companions of credentialed media representatives must register through attendee registration and pay appropriate fees.
Press Registration Instructions
To apply online for press registration, please submit the following information:
- Submit Press Application
- A government-issued photo ID and printed registration confirmation (sent via email after completing online registration) are required to retrieve press badges at FAA UAS Symposium. They also are required to register onsite.
Press badges will NOT be sent by mail or other physical delivery method. For assistance, contact Tom McMahon, AUVSI Vice President of Advocacy and Public Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo and Video Policy
Video and audio recording for news gathering is generally permitted at AUVSI events. In some instances, a speaker may decline to be recorded. Any crew member(s) accompanying a credentialed media representative for these purposes will also require a media badge for entry.